They say the first impression is the last impression. In the world of social media, profile pictures carry this reputation to continue the value of what you are showing, who you are and whom are you showing to. For now, we are specifically targeting Instagram profile photos size and designs. Instagram is one of the leading applications on social media, among others, and is important for both personal use, marketing hype and branding purpose. It has time-engaged features that allow you to stay on the app for a longer time than usual, like reels, memes, or any brand information.
Everything begins with the ideal Instagram profile image size and a well-designed profile. To assist better, QC will teach you how to make amazing profile pictures, how to scale photographs so that they fit perfectly on Instagram, and leave you with a few design recommendations for creating eye-catching Instagram designs.
There is no argument against a brand capitalizing on the massive potential that is generating Instagram stories, posts, and other social assets.
Don’t forget, everybody will see your profile picture first!
On Instagram, the profile picture, usually called “DP” (display picture), has immense importance. It is the first impression of your profile. Professionally, one could include it seriously in social media management strategies. That’s why you want to make sure what you are uploading is of good quality and you are paying right attention to the correct aspect ratio for your post.
In this blog, QC Digital will focus on answering a few important questions about Instagram profile pictures while sharing the tips that you need to use in order to make your display perfect.
How to Decide What Instagram Profile Picture to Use?
As your profile picture is the first thing people look for when they come to your profile or account, so one should always need to add something accurate and perfect that represents you or your brand. Generally, there are two types of profile photos: personal photos and branded logos. Each of them has its own significance in social app.
Your Instagram profile picture’s display size is 110 × 110 pixels. However, in order to retain picture quality, we recommend uploading your work at a higher resolution.
- Branded Logo
A logo is something owned by a business or company’s page, especially on your Instagram profile picture. It makes enough sense to be recognizable for the audience and customers who are supposed to visit on and off for their purposes, which may be like purchasing or selling, etc. Think of brands like Quantacom or QC Digitals in Australia. Apart from those famous names like Apple, Samsung, Nike, Facebook, or Instagram itself,
- Personal Profile Photo
A personal photo is used if a brand revolves around a specific community or person. This person may be the face of a brand or business. You will see personal photos used for social media by an influencer. Celebrity, public or political figure, blogger or journalist, etc. A personal user can change the DP accordingly. Think about the space you have on your Instagram profile picture. It should be clear and of high quality. Folks won’t see your picture in full length at 110 x 110 pixels, so keep the view of your display as head and shoulders.
What are the right dimensions for an Instagram profile?
If we talk about Instagram profile picture size on the mobile app, it appears as a circle on your Instagram profile at 110×110 pixels. The image size is 180 x 180 pixels when seen on a desktop. The profile picture appears round on Instagram, but in actuality it is a square photo with a ratio of 1:1. Maybe before uploading the photo, you need to crop it according to your desire into a square, then fit it into the DP box or frame. Keep in mind that IGTV thumbnail dimensions differ from IGTV video dimensions and must be 1240 x 1920. Instagram video thumbnail size in 2023 will be 1080 x 608 pixels (minimum). 1080 x 1920 (maximum) Max file size: 4GB
Instagram pictures’ type and right dimensions in pixels:
- Instagram Post – 1080 x 1080 (1:1 Ratio)
- Instagram Profile – 110 x 110 (1:1 Ratio)
- Instagram Landscape – 1080 x 608 (1.91:1 Ratio)
- Instagram Stories – 1080 x 1920 (9:16 Ratio)
- Instagram Portrait – 1080 x 1350 (4:5 Ratio)
- IGTV – 420 x 654 (1:1.55 Ratio)
- Videos – 640 x 640 in 60 seconds duration
- Instagram Video Story of maximum 10 seconds – 750 X 1334 pixels
How do I change an Instagram profile picture on app?
Here are the steps mentioned below for changing your profile picture:
- Go to the Instagram app,
- Hit to your Instagram profile.
- Tap “Edit Profile” below the Instagram bio.
- Click on “Change Profile Photo.”
- Choose the option of new profile photo, which allows you to upload a new image either taken by or selected from the gallery of your mobile phone.
- Otherwise, you can import from Facebook too by connecting the applications.
- If you are willing to remove your DP, click on “Remove Profile Photo” and remove the current one from the circle icon on your Instagram profile picture.
You’ll see an overlaying circle crop your image as you select the picture you wish to use as your profile picture. This is to demonstrate how your photo will appear as your Instagram profile picture, so reposition the image or adjust the zoom level as necessary to center it within the circular overlay frame.
Then click the arrow to access Instagram app editing, where you can apply filters and make other modifications to your picture. Your new Instagram profile photo will show up when you click the arrow.
Can we maximize the Instagram profile picture size?
The answer is simply no. You can’t increase an Instagram profile picture’s size, as it remains limited to the 1:1 aspect ratio and 110×110 pixels. Instagram will automatically crop out anything that doesn’t fit according to the Instagram icon size from laptop to mobile phone.
Tips for Instagram Display and Profile Pictures
While selecting your profile picture, keep these three points in mind, as mentioned below:
- Consistency Is the key
- Quality matters
- Keep the size in mind
- Choose the right logo file format
- Make Sure To Use An Evergreen or Enduring Photo
Apart from changing Instagram profile pictures occasionally, there are lots of social media challenges that force you to change your profile picture according to current trends. Apart from using logos, there are lots of poses that could be considered according to time. So, always select the timeless and best of the best for your display picture. As for brand purpose, a logo plays an important part, and one must consider the significance of designing and displaying the best quality, catchiest, and most précised one. Always remember that people recognize you through your profile picture. By clicking profile, they are able to see the stories.
- Always use a professional photo.
You should pick a professional-looking photo for your profile picture to ensure that Instagram users will notice it, as it is a very visual social media marketing tool. The better your profile, the more clear and crisp the image appears to be. Make sure the photos look professional and are of the highest quality possible, whether you hire a professional photographer to take your personal photos or have a graphic designer create your company’s logo. However, try not to exceed 500 x 500 pixels, as Instagram may compress the image quality and pixelate your Instagram profile templates.
- Keep your Instagram profile picture branded.
You shouldn’t use the polar opposite of your brand’s color scheme or mood in your profile image if it represents that brand. Audiences will be perplexed by it and will perceive a gap between your profile image and the remainder of your Instagram feed. Keep your Instagram profile photo consistent with your brand. Make sure your profile image reflects the essence of your brand, which can be found throughout your feed, from colors and fonts to the overall look and feel.
Ideas for Instagram Profile Pictures
Following are a few ideas for Instagram profile pictures:
- For your company’s Instagram profile picture, use a photo of the logo.
- Keep the backdrop uncluttered.
- To create a visually appealing Instagram profile image, use stickers and filters.
- Cartoonize the image on your profile.
- Ensure that your subject is centered.
- Use a brand logo or a headshot.
- Choose a high-resolution image that is clear and concise.
- Crop to the ideal size.
- Introduce a vibrant pop of color.
- Prefer proper lighting.
- Make a statement with contrast if needed, even in the logo.
- Consider including your brand identity.
- Edit professionally
- For personal accounts, make sure to choose the one that keeps grabbing attention with good zoom and overview.
- As a business, use your company logo instead of your personal or team photo.
- Off-center photographs are OK but should be avoided.
- Select a photo with nice lighting and contrast.
- Avoid fashionable photographs that require frequent updates.
- When selecting a photo, keep your aesthetic and professional style in mind.
- Avoid using a full-body shot to develop your own brand.
- Before submitting your photo, crop and resize it.
Although it may seem insignificant, your Instagram profile image is crucial to helping you stand out on social media. Make a concerted effort to select a photo that accurately captures who you are and your brand in order to draw viewers’ attention. Keep in mind to keep your profile picture as timeless or evergreen as possible to avoid confusing your audience and customers by changing something that should be obvious to them. Use the knowledge provided in this article to take advantage of having a good Instagram profile picture that accurately represents you and says more than a thousand words.
If your Instagram profile photo does not appear properly, this is a red flag!